Week 10

    This week brought a lot of issues. In the beginning of animating the next expression, Maya crashed and kept crashing. I couldn’t open Maya at all at some point, so I thought it was a storage issue. I got rid of a lot of files, but it still didn’t work. After looking for answers online, I came to the conclusion that my many preferences could be corrupted causing Maya to not open. I decided it’d be best to copy my preferences into a separate folder, uninstall all versions of Maya completely, and reinstall. It was then opening fine, until I added my preferences back. I’ll be adding my preferences back the slow way then. I just managed to throw in a ball and give it a new texture for the Metahuman scene.

    I also had issues with downloading the Metahuman I’ve been working on and exporting it into Maya. I had to download a separate  program called Quixel Bridge. It was already connected to my Metahuman Creator library once I signed in. An error kept popping up that it was not compatible with the Unreal version I had, so I updated the metahuman to the newest version. The error persisted. There weren't a lot of guides to begin with because metahumans is still pretty new to Unreal Engine. I found that Quixel Bridge has changed how to download metahumans. Now, people need to open their Unreal scene to download directly into that one scene. That doesn’t work for me since I want to export into Maya. I installed the Unreal Engine 5.4 Preview that just came out two weeks ago. Now, it’s working, so I don’t know if that was an issue because there was a recent release or the recent release solved that issue. Either way, it was a headache and I’m glad to have it working now. I’ve started retargeting like I would in MotionBuilder by first defining the skeleton. I will also be able to animate the ball interacting with the metahuman accurately. Hopefully, there aren't issues regarding that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

493 Senior Portfolio Post 1

Post 2

Post 4