Post 7

    This week, I started the process of redoing my model’s catwalk that got overwritten. I both referenced the original model catwalk videos that I was watching and my own animation that I happened to play blast before overriding it. I started off with the typical 24 frames, and I will retime it later. I got all my blocking down and splined with everything keyed at frame 1, 13, and 25. I mostly focused on that hand position on the hip, feet placement with heeled shoes, hips and shoulder movements, and head movements. I basically went through the entire process I originally did, but I knew how to organize myself better so that my key poses would automatically create the the majority of the inbetweeners I needed. Next, I'm focusing on the details such as the fingers and hair.

    I also tried to block a bit of the key poses I needed for my prison scene. After trying to wrestle with my posing and camera angles, I realized I needed stronger references to make sure that what I’m trying to achieve looks good from the angle it will be shot from. This is one camera position I was not very happy with. The prisoner's head is completely covered, which would prevent the prisoner's strong emotions from being seen. Pretty much, I could never see both faces at once. I feel like I've seen a few prison scenes where the outsider talks to a prisoner through the cell, so I wanted to see how other animators dealt with this kind of environment.

    I was surprised to see a Tangled scene that matched the beginning that I wanted. A portion of the face was covered in Tangled, but I feel like they still worked. They were a bit of a over-the-shoulder angle with the faces tilted a bit towards the camera. I noticed my camera angles, in comparison, showed the side a little too much. I might have to change out the prison bars I was originally going to use as well. Their environment has a lot more spaced out bars. Overall, I'm getting a better idea on how to tackle this new animation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

493 Senior Portfolio Post 1

Post 2

Post 4