Post 3

    I decided to go back and polish a runway model’s catwalk cycle that I had started before. I wanted to pair this animation with the quadruped cat’s walk cycle. I grabbed the waist controller to curve with the hips, so that her body had more of an “S” silhouette. I moved the keys for the hair, earrings, and hands slightly offset. I didn’t particularly want the offsets to be 2 keys each or anything. I just played around with it until it felt good.

    My biggest issue was studying how differently people walk with heels versus flat shoes. I found that they barely tilted their feet into the ground. Perhaps to not crease the front of the heeled shoe. Furthermore, they didn’t really lift their feet all that much to begin with. I had to film myself wearing heels and forced myself to be natural and unnatural to understand why. My feet in heels felt like they were already tilted and higher than what they were used to. Walking with a lift was tiring. I more wanted to drag the back of my heels from the back to the front of my body than lift them up, which I’ve seen models do before to give more of an alluring walk. 

    Before she fully plants her feet, I wanted to have a sudden stomp, so I added another key before the plant where the foot is still lifted. Then, whomp, her heel hits the ground. It’s more subtle than I’m making it sound, but I wanted to make sure I paid attention to the details.

    I also had issues with that hand that would move out of place if I adjusted the torso at all. I didn’t constrain the hand to anything, because I wasn’t sure how I would’ve attempted that. Instead I tried to adjust the shoulder based on the torso, so that the keys on the hand would be minimized.

    I haven’t even presented my ideas yet, but I’m looking forward to it. Until then, I will continue working on the cat’s walk and model’s cat walk.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

493 Senior Portfolio Post 1

Post 2

Post 4